What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida panhandle cp locations

Hi everyone, my mom finnally agreed to take me on my first bogging expedition this summer, to the lowers southeast states along the gulf of mexico and to the florida panhandle. I would love it if anypne could give me locations of plants, Barry Rice already contributed a wonderfull suggestion, I would however like more locations such as the famous bob hanrahan bog, we are supposed to drive al the way from Colorado! This will be a long trip, and if you could jsut contribute a site, It would make it worth while, if you dont want to post here, feel free to pm me also

Please, nobody list any site on here. They should not be made public.

Wrong, Ozzy! They SHOULD be made public. To see them in the wild is so cool. If we can get our NASC on the road, then there will be no need to tear'em out of the wild as they will be already available for free from us. Just pay shipping. I hope that it would/will make it possible to openly list the sites as poaching is no longer necessary. Especially the oreo sites. If they would quit trying to keep it all secret, the payoff for the poacher is gone if they would give us color form seed. Still do not understand why they do not see this. Maybe they fear some kind of loss of "power".

Not sure I agree Bugweed. The last thing we need is everyone knowing the precise location of the oreophilas!

There are plenty of vague-ish large area locations in the public domain, although there is a chance some of the locations are now extinct of sarras. You need to get a good (up to date)map of the area really and hunt for the right kind of locations. Trawl the internet too!

Well known locations in Florida are Blackwater State Forest, Apalachicola, Sandy Creek Road - Bay County, Milton, Pensacola Fields, Telogia, Cooks Bayou, Liberty County, Wewahitchka, Sumatra, Holley, Avalon Shores, Miramar Beach, Walton County, Chipola River, Yellow River, Turkey Hen Creek.

Alabama: Baldwin County, Perdido, Citronelle, Deer Park

Back