What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fliter for misters in greenhouse

I am using RO water for my mister in my greenhouse. I am using to much waste water and its killing me. I am thinking of making a 1 micron filter and 1 carbon and calcium filter set up to do the same thing. I don’t want to harm my plants and clog up my misters with the crap tap water.

Give me your two cents.

Jeff

Nepg and or TonyP may correct me, but I understand they use normal tap water but have the misters under their shelves so the water does not hit the plants but benifit from the moisture.

I use a RO system for my aquafogger 400 and it doesn't use too much... maybe with the fan built in it is just more efficient than a normal fogger system... dunno... I like it though.
smile.gif

If the water hits your plants regularly it NEEDS to be purified. But like Tony and I have found out, why not have a watering system overhead and run it once rather than multiple times allowing the plants to become waterlogged, lets go UNDER the benches and mist all the time! I have a fogging system that runs off of regular tap pressure (about 55PSI). I filter with a 5-10 micron pleated pre filters to protect the fogging heads. Ever since i've installed it my plants have never been happier.
smile.gif
If it runs long enough the entire greenhouse will fills with a very light floaty mist, this won't hurt the plants.

I used the misters for humidly and cooling. They are mounted on the roof and spray down to the floor. The plants don’t get wet from the misters at lest not dripping wet. I think I will give it a try.
Thanks for your two cents.
Jeff

As long as the water does not have Chlorine in it you can try it.

Thanks for all the help.
I will make sure to get a Chlorine filter.
Jeff

Back