What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flesh Eating Zombie Carrot.

This cartoon was posted here years back..
I just came across it on my computer while searching for photos, and thought it was worthy of a re-post!
smile_n_32.gif

df9602202aa.jpg

Scot

Cute! But..."honeydew"? lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Mar. 16 2006,8:55)]Cute! But..."honeydew"? lol
Yes! They are notorious for eating up whole weekends. That's just a short "honeydew". Get caught by one of the bigger ones and your whole week of vacation (fishing with your buddies) can go down the tube in the blink of an eye!

I thought they meant sundew...whats a honeydew?

"Honeydew" you really think we need to spend that much on carnivoirous plants ?

"Honeydew" we have to leave those pots sitting in the window upstairs ??

"Honeydew" these jeans make me look good ?

"Honeydew" remember to pick up my mother at O'hare at 5 pm.

Of course this is the female version pictured above since you can clearly see the multiple sticky appendages although it is a smaller one. Typically more dangerous as they naturally glob onto the nearest wallet and digest the contents at the mall.

As BigCarnivourKid said earlier let one of the larger ones get ahold of you and forget about having a will of your own. Somehow the glandular secretions enable the total mind control of the captured subject. Rendering a vibrant well mannered fun loving guy completely hopeless and unable to complete the simplest task without "assistance". (A little more to the right, no your other right, and down a smidge. THERE !!!!! NAIL IT !!!!!)

As far as I know there are no male "honeydew"s found in nature having become extinct long ago. The extinction Theory goes something like this. The male "honeydew" roamed in packs until chance meetings with the rouge female "honeydew"s. Eventually the males got up the courage to mingle with the females. From the first male "honeydew" sentence they were doomed.

"Honeydew" you think you might make some supper tonight ? And while your at it get me a soda too !

That was it, the first male demands made and from then on its been who do you think I am your "honeydew" ?! Males simply were not needed nor could they get close enough for procreation and eventually all died off. The females merely reproduced via roots or the occasional "honeydew" fight whereby they would throw the largest appendage at a rival "honeydew" only to have it root nearby in the hopes of shading out the other.

Hope that helps PAK ?!

Excellent explanation Chris!
laugh.gif

Back