What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fleas!

Hey guys I have a question about my infestation of fleas. Is it okey to feed dead or dieing fleas to my plants?? A vft, D. capensis, and a P. esserianna. I got them of my cat before we gave her a bath. The fleas are siting in a jar looks like 20 or so. Some of them looks like there dieing, they have been siting in the jar for two days. I just want to make sure that they are weak so that they wouldn't be able to jump out of the jar or off my plants....

I don't see any reason why you can't give them to your plants. I heard that a guy put a sundew in the middle of a room with a light over it at night. The fleas would jump toward the light and would land on the plant. I can't remember where I heard that though.

Just make sure the fleas haven't ingested any flea killer if you use that on your pet. I don't know that it would be much of a meal for a VFT (not large enough to stimulate the trap to close fully) but the plants that eat the smaller bugs might be ok.

wow.gif
fleas?
confused.gif

Thanks, I will get my revenge for all the sleepless weekends that I had... Ha ha Ha ha Ha I now have the last laugh... I gave some of the fleas to my goldfish, I hummed the jaws soundtrack while I droped them in, He he He He....

Back