What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FL too hot for Sarracenia purpurea?

I just bought a Sarracenia purpurea today without reading up much on them beforehand. Once I got home I did some reading and saw they likes a lot of light, so now I am wondering would it be okay for me to put it in a pot outside or is it too hot here in central Florida for it?

nope, its perfect
smile.gif

i live in southern florudia, coral springs, i keep it out all day, it LOVES sun and keep the soil wet with a tray of water about 1/2 "

I have a couple in a bog garden and they seem to be doing ok. I think you have to make sure they are in a big enough container that the soil doesn't overheat. Try to keep the roots cool.

Thanks for the replies. I will get a pot and water tray and move it outside.

One other very important thing... you need to acclimate your plant(s) slowly. Gradually increase the amount of direct sun your plants get each day otherwise your pitchers will burn.

yea, that happened with me, but only 1 old pitcher burned, i have it in a 6" pot

Back