What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish bowl terarium

Hi
i have a small sphericle fish bowl that my mom gave me and i was wondering if i can use it for a terarium for some D.'s
it's glass and 6" at it's wideset and about 5" tall

Lmk

Enoc22
P.S. can i grow pygme's in it
p.p.s does anyone have some spare Gemmanea that i could get for a SASe or somthing(i have some D.carpensis i think i could trade also)

You can probably use it for up to three small plants, but I'm sure you'll outgrow it very fast. I'd advise you to keep it when you outgrow it, though, so you can grow seeds and styff in there.

I have heard it is not that ez repotting plants after they have been in ther for a while.
confused.gif
But that is speculation...
wink.gif

Travis

I have something similar (they're not fish bowls, they're glass light covers for outdoor lights, but they work the same). They're even almost the same dimensions. I use them as one plant terrariums for smaller, rosette Drosera like Spatuala and Alicaie. I Pot one plant in a 3" pot, and place in the fish bowl. Then I fill around the pot with those glass marbles you can buy in a pet store (just looks nice, and the wife doesn't get mad when I put them all over the place). Fill up with distilled water and presto. If I remember (and can get a camera), I'll take a pic.

ok
do you have to put in the pot or can you plant the plant directly in the bowl with some peat

Oliver

enoc,
You can plant straight in the bowl if you like...Check out the PFT store....the terrarium kits. There's a pic of one in a bowl.

Back