What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first time, did I do it right?

Decided to take some leaf pullings from my P.moranensis. I put it too close to the lights and about fried half of it. So that half got pulled apart and the good half has been repotted. Can anyone tell me if I did this right? The substrate is 2:2:1 peat, sand, perlite..

100_2776.jpg

it all looks right. but i would take all the leaves and just lay them on top of the soil instead of just setting them in it. i have better results with mine when i do that.

Alex

thats how i do it MM and always with great results...infact all of my p titan pullings i took a few weeks ago took...

looks perfect, i do it just like that with approx 75% success rates.

well, the ayes have it.. it stays the way it is. What should the humidity and heat be at? It's about 75degF and 80% humidity in the ping/dew tank the bucket is in.

That's how I do it too and they usually take. My grow stand is about 50% humidity and at a low 60˚F-ish.

It looks fine. They're really not picky, although I would suggest that the media be only slightly moist. You should see new growth in ~3 weeks.

Back