What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First nep

This N.ventricosa is my first attempt at growing neps. I bought it from PFT last March and it seems to be doing very well. All but two of the original pictures turned brown and died as was expected due to shipping and transplanting trauma. The 2.5" to 3" pitchers are all new ones.
BTW, my wife has taken the liberty of renaming the genus "Nepenthes". They are now known as (at least in her mind) "Handydoodles". So I guess my plant is a "H.ventricosa"
biggrin.gif
Tony, you answered a question for me about a rescued nep a couple of months ago that I had purchased from a garden center. The question was regarding an unknown nep that was in poor condition and had the growth tip broken off. That one now has three and maybe a fourth new growing tip. Once again, thanks for the advice.
Alan

nventric.jpg

Looks nice and healthy! I see hmm 4 or 5 more Handydoodles in there also, so looks like your addicted now! hehe
T

HOW pretty one...

Thanks Tony and Wesser. I know the ventricosa is a beginners nep but everybody has to start somewhere. Since I aquired the one in the picture, I have purchased three more PFT neps (2 rafs and a gracillis) and all are doing great. The rafs have made a few new 1-1/2" fat purple spectacled pitchers. hehe. And now I know why they consider the gracillis to be a common weed in Borneo! It is scrambling nicely like it's supposed to do.
tounge.gif

I have tree n.x.ventrata....ventrata is hybrid=ventricosa+alata

hey those are looking real nice, do you think you could get a picture of the gracillis or rafflesainia?They sound real cool ,looking!
Kevin

Kevin, I'll get a picture of those two plants posted in a day or two. They are still small but they're growing and that's all that I ask them to do.

Alan

Hmmm..comparing my Ventricosa to yours. Same plant but different looking. Wonder why?  
confused.gif

confused.gif
Take a look here: N. Ventricosa It's the second pic.

Eplants02, it looks as if that could be x ventrata.

I bought N. Ventricosa from PFT, so it can't be.
biggrin.gif

Hi Kevin, you requested a picture of the raf and gracillis so here they are. Sorry the pics didn't come out very well.

gracnraf.jpg

nice pic alandallas...

Thanks weser. I'm still trying to learn the finer points of using a digital camera. Always used SLR film cameras before. I like not having to pay big $ just to see what my pics look like and then tossing the ones I don't like.
biggrin.gif

Back