What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Heliamphora

• Thread starter Sage269
  • Start date
This is my first of this type of plant. I see it has many drying pitchers. Should I trim them off now or wait until fully dry? It was outside in southern California and now it is in a chamber getting top watered daily.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Attachments

• 20221213_175644.jpg
    20221213_175644.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 5
Do you know what species/hybrid it is? What are the conditions in the terrarium?

My chamber is currently 74 degrees and 87% humidity. It has only been in there 3 days. It had been living outside and down to 24% humidity for the last few weeks I have been led to understand.

Oh that hybrid is really hardy. Very good if you’re new to the genus. Your conditions sound perfect actually, the only thing I would worry about is shock maybe if you didn’t acclimate it. I actually grow mine in house conditions and it’s throwing out it’s second flower for the year, yours should thrive :)

Back