What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fire rings and bogs

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Hi all. I have two (too large to easily move) in ground sarr bogs made from pond liners. We are doing some landscaping and are thinking of moving the fire ring. We use it maybe a dozen times a year. How close to the bogs do you think it would be safe to move it?

This is not a common situation, so I'm not sure if many will know what to say.

I would simply make a big fire in the fire ring. Sit back and enjoy it. When it's at it's hottest, I would then see how many feet away I would be comfortable. Then I would be sure the bog was that same distance (or a little farther).

Hopefully this may help a little.
Maybe? lol

This is not a common situation, so I'm not sure if many will know what to say.

I would simply make a big fire in the fire ring. Sit back and enjoy it. When it's at it's hottest, I would then see how many feet away I would be comfortable. Then I would be sure the bog was that same distance (or a little farther).

Hopefully this may help a little.
Maybe? lol
That gives me a starting point. Right now the bog is about 16 feet from the ring itself.

Back