What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally got cephs down **knocks on wood**

Baby ceph from a leaf pulling that i got from a member here....thing has been growing like mad, so here it is...sorry its not the greatest pic. lol
CPs1-4-09004.jpg

The seedgrown ceph, took a bit to adjust but is putting out another adult pitcher and is starting to grow quite well
CPs1-3-09006.jpg

Looks nice! Interesting humidity dome you've got in the background of the second pic there - looks like some sort of Nepenthes-baby rocketship.
~Joe

Awww cute!

Definitely inspiration to give it another shot for myself. 8)

Mine kept getting dripped on from the shelf above. ;/

Nice cephs, my seed grown lost 3 baby pitchers but looks like its done declining, I am not sure yet but it looks like it is just about to start a new pitcher. I feel like I am being to stingy with water though...

Looking good! The smaller one kind of looks like mine.

I found my previous problem with cephs to be air circulation. Ended up with powdery mildew rather quickly. Ill be getting a division of my hummers giant back come spring time.

What did you do to fix the air circulation problem? Was it too little air, too much? What are the conditions that are working for you and your cephs right now? I have a baby and I'm worried I'm not taking care of it right.

I moved the plants to a growrack from a terrarium in the middle of last year after I nearly lost the first cephs and for room, and the air circulation was increased by adding a fan. There are also fluctuations in humidity to replicate the environment aided by a humidifier if the rack starts to dry out a bit...humidity in the day hovers around 70% and at night is between 95%. Temps in the day are around 70 to 75 and at night drops into the low 50s or upper 40s

Back