What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uphwiz

jimmy
here are a few pics of my new children .
nep. Truncata Queen of Hearts X King of Spades. its putting on good growth , even after shipping damage you can see the broken, and browned top left, it was the center top just three weeks ago.
the large front right picther is all new growth .
IMG_0815.JPG
IMG_0813.JPG

nep Lady Pauline im growing no terrarium, but seems to be doing well also , ive had it about the same amount of time, the growth and picther hanging to the left of basket is all new growth. as is the upper right leaf with the picther going out of the pic.
IMG_0825.JPG
nep Ampullaira x Talangensis. is a little newer to me about two weeks and 3 to 4 days. its starting to grow profusely as well , im keeping it under a large cloche with lots of live sphag. in dish for plenty humidity and sun during the day for extra warmth till i get my lowland terr, built in the next week of so. it also has good new growth as well, the center two leaves are new, you can see the different fresh color.
IMG_0831.JPG
I do have a couple lowland nep's. stalled in the mail this week end, hope they survive the cold. any advise on what to do when they get here. to acclimate the long week in the mail, if they're not already lost.

Here are the new neps i traded with back2eight. they made it in fine condition.
rafflesiana, a little washed out , i knew this before i traded. going to see if i can revive and get a nice plant , though
it seems ok to me. thoughts?
PHOTO+GALLERY+XXXX.jpg
ventricosa x mira. looking very well after the week in the mail.
PHOTO+TERRA+XXX.jpg
And , albomarginata , also looking good .
PHOTO+TERRA+XXXX.jpg
Ill put in a few updare pics. after ive had them a while, say 3 months.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new plants. The best you can do is to keep them nice and warm as soon as they arrive.

I can see the new growth! They are doing nice. Especially the Pauline - it looks a lot bigger than the others.

Congrats! I am still waiting on my pair of Truncata's.... It got cold here the day they arrived at the nursery it seems. Can't wait to get them ! Are yours coloring up at all?

just flagging some more nep's. i just got, see pic 4,5,and 6 i think they look well, ANY advise on how to acclimate them after the week in the mail , its been pretty cold here, i traded with back2eight so they are from a little further south, though I dont know if that matters , im going to grow the raff. in my lowland terr. and the others in my window garden. My other neps do great there.

Congrats! I am still waiting on my pair of Truncata's.... It got cold here the day they arrived at the nursery it seems. Can't wait to get them ! Are yours coloring up at all?
yup here it is now truncata (queen o hearts x king o spades).
king+and+queen+trim.jpg

Wow, those QXK truncs seem to grow very quickly!

Back