What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeler trade (Phrag orchids)

I just want to see if anyone here is a CP grower with an orchid problem like me...

I have a bunch of Phragmipedium, all bloom size plants, 18" ruler in each picture for size reference.

I am almost exclusively interested in Nepenthes, Cephalotus, and Heliamphora, but may consider others.

If there is any interest I will get a list and pictures of individual plants.

There is also a good chance that it could be a couple weeks before a window of opportunity arises because it's flippin' cold in Colorado right now.

Thanks for looking!
IMG_20131117_115420.jpg

IMG_20131117_115530.jpg

IMG_20131117_115638.jpg

Great looking phrags, man. I have never tried them, but I did catch the paphiopedilum bug a few years ago. They are so interesting.

I don't have any of the plants you are after, but if you get antsy enough to be rid of one of your easier growing phrags I would be game. I am sure we could work out something.

Phrags...

o.o

My dream was to have one about 4 years ago. They're so beautiful! :)

Highly interested depending on petal size and species. I'd love a species/hybrid list if possible. I'd prefer ones that could survive as highland Nepenthes do. I have a few highland Nepenthes I could trade, as well as live Sphagnum of all sizes and colors. :)

EDIT: I also have a few lowlanders, like ampullaria and a hybrid or two that do well in lowland conditions. They're surviving 54F nights consistently throughout the year.

Great, here is a little more info...

I find these very easy to grow essentially as houseplants in Colorado, they will do just fine in a greenhouse. Wide range of light tolerance, with high quality water, periodic fertilizing, and good soil... easy to bloom. Happy to provide more info regarding specifics.

Here is the short list of what I know I multiples of:

P. 'Paul Eugene Conroy' (longifolium x wallisii)
P. 'Geralda' (lindleyanum 'birchwood' AM/AOS x caudatum 'wolf river')
P. amazonica (richteri)
P. 'Eric Young' (longifolium x besseae)
P. 'Sorcerer's Apprentice' (longifolium x sargentianum)
P. 'Grande' AM/AOS (longifolium x caudatum)

Google for pictures, but make sure you get the right one, there's a lot of wrong pictures that pop up...

PM me with offers/what you're interest in and I will get pictures of actual plants for trade.

What are the culture requirements for 'Geralda'?

Do you have a grow list we can look at Midnight? :)

Do you have a grow list we can look at Midnight? :)

I haven't done an inventory in quite a while... are you mostly curious? or wanting to know what I might be interested in trading for?

Here is my best attempt at enticing someone into trading w/ me, otherwise they'll be going up on that one online auction site ;)

These are the actual plants that I will trade:

P. 'Sorcerer's Apprentice'
100_1690.JPG

P. 'Paul Eugene Conroy'
100_1691.JPG

P. 'Geralda'
100_1692.JPG

P. 'Eric Young'
100_1693.JPG

P. 'Grande'
100_1694.JPG

Well I was asking because I have extra Cephalotus divisions to trade off but I wasn't sure if you already had some or are just starting your collection off :p I really enjoy the P. 'Paul Eugene Conroy'!

Are you looking for specific Nepenthes? I mean, are we talking highland AND lowland types, or just highlanders? Species only, or hybrids as well? Or are you open to just about anything? I may be interested in the P. 'Eric Young'. Is that a division of a known clone, or seed-grown, or ? Thanks.

Paul

Well I was asking because I have extra Cephalotus divisions to trade off but I wasn't sure if you already had some or are just starting your collection off :p I really enjoy the P. 'Paul Eugene Conroy'!

I do have a couple Cephs, but love those little buggers and wouldn't mind having another clone... PM me :)

Are you looking for specific Nepenthes? I mean, are we talking highland AND lowland types, or just highlanders? Species only, or hybrids as well? Or are you open to just about anything? I may be interested in the P. 'Eric Young'. Is that a division of a known clone, or seed-grown, or ? Thanks.

Paul

I would be most interested in intermediate/highland species, but I really like many of the hybrids as well. I would entertain offers on lowlanders also, but that terrarium is close to full... I have larger divisions of 'Eric Young', these were started from compot, so they're seed grown and one can expect some variation between each plant/clone line. PM me, let's work something out :)

Back