What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeler Trade: N. veitchii x talangensis (LHNN Poi Dog) cuttings, rooted or unrooted

Hello,

I have what is almost certainly N. veitchii x talangensis (purchased as an LHNN Poi Dog) that I need to cut back a bit. It makes lovely yellowish fuzzy talangensis-shaped pitchers with potential for a flashy yellow peristome. Even saw hints of striping in some of the older pitchers.

PM me with offers if you're willing to trade for rooted or unrooted cutting(s). Willing to consider most Nepenthes or dewy CPs (except N. Miranda and D. capensis)... seedlings, small plants, gemmae, or seeds are preferred. N. glabrata or N. tentaculata seedlings (I know a few are out there) would be practically an instant deal. Pictures available on request.

Thanks!

-Jimmy

Last edited:
With a recent thread regarding the "Poi Dog's" on another pitcher plant forum, I suggest you take a look. For people not signed up on the other forum, no matter how sure you are of a "Poi Dog's" lineage, it should still be labeled as "Poi Dog". I think most people know this, but like anything, there are some who don't.

Good luck with your trade though.

With a recent thread regarding the "Poi Dog's" on another pitcher plant forum, I suggest you take a look. For people not signed up on the other forum, no matter how sure you are of a "Poi Dog's" lineage, it should still be labeled as "Poi Dog". I think most people know this, but like anything, there are some who don't.

Good luck with your trade though.

Very true - that's why I labeled it as such! Still a great plant though, and traits of both N. veitchii and N. talangensis show quite well.

can we see pictures?

zzzz2.jpg

zzzz1.jpg

For those of you who PM'd me - I'm going to wait and see who has the best offer before I respond to PMs -

I'd really like to see someone grow this out in awesome conditions... I'm waiting for spring to bring better lighting so it can pitcher well and continue to flower (prolific male).

I will also hold the cuttings until weather conditions are favorable and/or the cuttings grow roots, unless you specify otherwise.

More pictures to be posted soon...

-Jimmy

zzzz5.jpg

zzzz4.jpg

zzzz3.jpg

zzzz6a.jpg

The cutting I've already taken has one very swollen node about to "leaf out" and two more swollen nodes below... so it'll have two growth points for sure, maybe even a third one. No roots yet, but it'll get there.

The pic of the plant and pitchers are a few months old - back when the Colorado days weren't so darn short!

Nice looking plant. I see that Princess Celestia poster in the background too :awesome:

Back