What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding

OK I'm not a Drosera grower but I have a few mixed in with my other cps. Today was feeding day so I gave my D. Spatulata a couple of fruit flies. Well fruit flies are aperantly stronger than the sundew so I had to keep poking them into the center of the leaf with a tooth pic. Finally they stayed/died. The leaves never moved as far as I can tell over the last half hour. However a little while later I gave one leaf a drop of protien mix and the thing folder over completely in less than five minutes without me poking at it. What am I missing here fellow cpers? There appeared no difference in age or health of the leafs before this.

joe

Hey,
My spathulata usually only moves fast when I put some sort of fertilizer-like food on it (i.e. bonemeal, bloodmeal ect.ect) I never get a fast result from just insect food. If it is digesting a bug, then usually after 12 hrs it is folded over. I think it may just depend on the nutritional value of the food? What are some other oppinions?

Cole

Back