What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding Frenzy - Macro Pics

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I have noticed a huge difference in my indoor plants since I started to feed them fruitflies. I know several other growers have started to do this also with great results as well.

I decided to snap some pictures of the carnage after some plants were fed today.

******WARNING******

Graphic Material - Parental Discretion Advised

Proceed with caution!

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-036.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-049.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-055.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-071.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-004.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-027.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-020.jpg

macro-CP-feeding-frenzy-019.jpg

Can someone help me!

Ohh the horror!

Hope you enjoyed them.

How graphic and horrific. I shouldn't have looked.

Great pictures!!

funny-pictures-pandas-eating-noms.jpg

Nice picture ! If you feed the plants does it grow any faster ?

im a strong believer in bugs=better growing CP. Its kinda like, sure we could survive off pop tarts, but would you prefer meats, grains, veggies and fruits? I think the bugs also possess many micro nutrients and other "good stuff" plants love. Great pics man. :)

Thanks so much . . .

Now, who the hell's going to tuck me in?

Thanks for the comments on the pics. Glad you enjoyed them.

Nice picture ! If you feed the plants does it grow any faster ?
Yes.
Many of my indoor plants over the years started to grow slowly and not flower anymore. Re-potting gave some plants a small growth spurt and then they were back to the same growing they where before.
With feeding the plants I have had a huge increase in growth and many have even flowered again.

Thanks so much . . .

Now, who the hell's going to tuck me in?
nightmare-elm-st-08.jpg

I've had pretty much the same expereince with the Mexican butterworts.

I do raise both Drosophilia melanogaster and Drosophilia hydei.
Drosophilia hydei is about 3 times as large as Drosophilia melanogaster.

The ones in the pictures are Drosophilia hydei.

It's tough enough wranglin' them without wings. How do you manage?

those are some nice Macro's

daren

It's tough enough wranglin' them without wings. How do you manage?
I dump some flies out from my cultures and place them into a container that gets placed in the freezer for 10 or more minutes. All my flies are dead when I feed them. If you do not keep them in the freezer long enough, they will start moving around again once they heat back up.
I then use tweezers to place the flies on the plants leaves.

they will start moving around again once they heat back up.

Just dont do what I did and let heat back up too much by leaving the container in the sun... Makes for a nasty and smelly surprise.

That's exactly what I've been doing but a few of the wingless ones manage to crawl out before I get the lids on. The strays are not that hard to eliminate because they don't crawl very far.

you people must clean your house too good or something. I have enough bugs in my house that I don't have to feed my plants. They are good at finding their own insects. I have fruit flies for my dart frogs, but have never needed to feed them to my plants.

you people must clean your house too good or something. I have enough bugs in my house that I don't have to feed my plants. They are good at finding their own insects. I have fruit flies for my dart frogs, but have never needed to feed them to my plants.

LOL!

Back