What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding a purp milk

• Thread starter Juniebugg
  • Start date
Hi Everyone,

How would you feed it milk if it should be 75 percent filled with water. Would you just drop milk in the cup with the water, and do you drop two drops in each cup

~Thanks~
alien.gif

Hey Juniebugg,
I usuallu just drip a few drops (depending on the size of the pitcher...small ones get one drop, meduim get two, big get three) right smack into the pitchers. The milk will dilute into the water that's sitting in the pitcher, but the plant will still absorb the nutrients.

Hi All,

After an earlier thread on feeding saras milk, I tried it with my leukophyla, purp, and x wriggliana. Only a drop in one or two pitchers. Anyway, I eagerly awaited the growth spurt others have experienced, only to have my leuk. and purp. die on me! It's also been very hot here -- 90's and up -- so I'm not sure what did them in -- the heat or the milk! Anyone else lose plants after giving them milk?

Thanks.

cpwitch
sad.gif

Well, I don't understand what could've killed your plants, cpwitch. Every month, I give my purps one or two drops of milk in one pitcher each, and they immediately dive into a huge, huge growth spurt, creating about four pitchers every three weeks. Never have I had a plant die from the milk. All I have gotten was delightful success!

Then I gotta put it down to the heat. I had them outside (always with distilled water in their saucers), but I think the heat was just too much. I know of others in my area that grow them outside, so figured they would be ok. When their hoods got a little crispy I moved them in, but, alas, perhaps too late. Maybe I didn't acclimatize them to my conditions properly.

Thanks flytrapgirl.

cpwitch

Back