What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all,
With the recent purchase of a tripod, I can now take much nicer pictures! There are only a couple that aren't super clear, but that is due to the location of the plant, not the picture... Enjoy!

N. hamata pitcher, this plant appears to be a red peristome clone:

Plants%20in%20February%20003.jpg

N. jacquelineae pitcher sitting on top of N. villosa. (I had to move it a little to photograph, because it normally rests on top of the pot, in sphagnum) :

Plants%20in%20February%20054.jpg

N. lowii pitcher resting on villosa pot:

Plants%20in%20February%20007.jpg

N. inermis pitcher next to H. minor:

Plants%20in%20February%20015.jpg

N. hamata new pitcher and N. glabrata pitcher:

Plants%20in%20February%20045.jpg

N. rajah and aristolochioides pitchers:

Plants%20in%20February%20047.jpg

N. villosa pitcher:

Plants%20in%20February%20058.jpg

N. rafflesiana pitcher:

Plants%20in%20February%20071.jpg

Heliamphora minor with inermis pitcher:

Plants%20in%20February%20082.jpg

With the exception of a few pictures that are a bit fuzzy because I don't move my plants just for photography, I think these are a lot clearer and more enjoyable. I hope you enjoyed this little sliver of my collection!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

You are correct, there is a big improvement in your photos! I especially liked the last one!

SF

I figured it would be noticable. The tripod works wonders, especially with a camera not really made for world-class macro. The hand just wasn't cutting it. In my next gallery, there should be a jacquelineae pic that has the peristome visible a lot more, because the newest tendril that is swelling is in the perfect spot!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Here's one more of a rajah pitcher:

Plants%20in%20February%20065.jpg

ENJOY!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

This post is mostly a bump, but a neat tidbit:

My avatar is currently a cropped version of one of my pictures of N. jacquelineae, and it is very in focus!!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Back