What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Songs...

• Thread starter Parasuco
  • Start date
I guess I'm probably the only other Texas music fan on here.  
I'm really into:
Slobberbone
Beaver Nelson
Robert Earl Keen
Steve Earle
David Allan Coe
Drive-By Truckers
Great Divide
Gary Allan
Johnny Cash
Merle Haggard
Pat Green
Neko Case
Wilco
Waylon Jennings
Scrimshanders
Mulehead
Radney Foster
Charlie Robison
and on the other end of the spectrum:
Weezer
Our Lady Peace
Sweet Water
Faith No More
Mindfunk
Life of Agony
Oasis
Saigon Kick/Super Transatlantic
Collecive Soul

(Edited by sarracenia at 8:48 am on May 24, 2002)

(Edited by sarracenia at 8:59 am on May 24, 2002)

Dear All,
Well this is a hard one to actually name your favorite songs, but after hard thinking it has to be and not in any particular order:

1 'Tom Sawyer' by Rush. Possibly the ultimate song by them in terms of technical difficulty in playing it with time signature changes and lyric content, wrist breaking drum fills by percussion master, Neil Peart.

2. 'Freewill' by the same band, but especially for the lyric content. This song is about whether or not we are driven by fate, choice, superstition or by spiritual forces. I like the line at the close of the song ;

"each of us, a cell of awareness, imperfect and incomplete. Genetic blends with uncertain ends on a fortune hunt thats far too fleet..".

Any lyricist who can come up in a rock song with such profound observations to music that fits the subject deserves more recognition than they get!

Then consider they have made 17 studio albums since 1974 with around 140 songs with the kind of lyrics you need to digest... You have then a band that sets itself apart from mainstream rock.

Apart from Rush, my other favorite bands include:

Yes, U2, Delirious?,Thin Lizzy,Ultravox! and the Stranglers (early era)..

Are there no Deadheads?

Terrapin Station! Jerry on lead painting pictures in your mind, ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'll keep it short. Naming songs is too hard, so I'll just name the bands in no particular order.

Guns n Roses
Tanya Donelly
Mazzy Star
Belinda Carlisle
Sneaker Pimps

Back