What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

favourite neps

Greetings!!;

I would like to know that if you were to choose 2 highland nepenthes and 2 lowlands, which one would you choose as your favourites??

Thanks

man, this is hard. I'm going to assume you mean pure species, not hybrids.
Lowland:
Campanulata and tie between bical and albomarginata

Highland:
aristichioides and I can't pick a second....
tounge.gif

My favorite highlands at the moment are N.spectabilis and N. diatas.

Hmmm.. favorite lowlands.. I love N. truncata- it has beautiful leaves and very nice pitchers. My second favorite is pretty close between campanulata and ampullaria, but ampullaria grows a little more quickly, so I will choose that one.
smile.gif

ohh. . . bicalcarata and albormarginata
and for highlands. . . hamata and villosa. (but aristichoides is a cool nep, too)

hello everyone:

How would you like to wear a shirt with a picture (embroided) of your favourite nepenthes. I met this guy who is selling them. the patterns are so good that it looks like you are wearing the plant itself.

I'll post a picture soon!!

Emroidered with thread? Not just silk screened? That would be neat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepizumiae @ Dec. 13 2003,21:29)]hello everyone:

How would you like to wear a shirt with a picture (embroided) of your favourite nepenthes. I met this guy who is selling them. the patterns are so good that it looks like you are wearing the plant itself.

I'll post a picture soon!!
This kinda sounds like an advertisement..(not to mention an exact copy/paste of a message at the CPUK forum) Sure hope it's not as this forum is for discussing Nepenthes and all the various aspects of growing them. On the other hand if I am mistaken and your just excited to show off a really neat shirt you bought from someone and post a picture. Feel free to do so in the General forums.

Tony

My favorites...

Lowland: Neoguineensis, bicalcarata

Highland: Spectabilis, Veitchii highland form

Peter

I'd go with N. northiana and N. albomarginata for lowlands, and N. aristolochiodes and N. hamata or N. villosa for highlands.

Capslock

Back