What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite sarracenia

Hi, i thought i would like to know what people think is the coolest or best sarracenia. My favorite is S. Flava "Heavy Veined", now which is yours?
Kevin

My favorite right now is S. Judith Hindle. That may change though, when some of my other Sars. start producing mature pitchers.

My fave Sarracenia has to be S. leucophylla, I love all it's forms, but am particularly fond of the green and white ones, such as Schnell's Ghost.

Vic

I'd say my favourite is probably S. minor. Especially the "okee giant", which I'm hoping will grow as big as they do in the pictures. Then again I could just say oreophylla "sand mountain" favourite
biggrin.gif
but as I probably will never get it, I'll stick with the minor.
Peter

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vic Brown @ Dec. 11 2002,08:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My fave Sarracenia has to be S. leucophylla, I love all it's forms, but am particularly fond of the green and white ones, such as Schnell's Ghost.

Vic[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Mmmmmmm... Schnell's ghost, I sure would like a sample for Christmas. Santa, did you get that?
biggrin.gif

My fav is the purp purp. Very beautiful and tough as nails. Have a couple that are all red- new growth lighter red while older pitchers a deeper blood red- that are exceptional
smile.gif

Very hard one, it depends what time of year it is. S.flava red forms in May, leucos in October, x Diane Whittaker in winter...

Back