What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell forever

Try to sneak on as much as possible. You won't ever be forgotten here!
smile.gif

If you are having troubles with viruses on your computer, you should maybe consider purchasing Zone Alarm Pro. It blocks any sort of intrusion into your computer, and has the option of an anti virus program on it as well. It's only $39. I bought it, and it's amazing how much it stops. It stops pop ups, hackers, and those annoying banners you get on the top of websites. There is a free version too, but it might not do as much.

You can download it for free off of Download.com. Just do a search for Zone Alarm. Hope that helps!

I'm pretty sure we have that... *thinks*

But anyhoo, the reason I can sneak on is because we are, as my "Gone until late july" topic says, in Massachusetts staying at my third cousin Margie's house and I get to go on her computer..

Hi.

You need SpyBot and AdAware.
Run those once a month and be careful what you click on.
Installing a pop up blocker like googles toolbar will help also.

That way, you don't have to make everyone sad.
smile_m_32.gif

Yeah, what Leslie said. It's ridiculous to leave here on the erroneous assumption that you get viruses from here.

First, you don't get viruses from posting on a forum, and second, there is great, free protection from viruses available.

It's frustrating to hear you've left us (kind of, LOL) for what are not legitimate reasons.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You need SpyBot and AdAware.

2 things to add, if you need to choose one of the two, AdAware is  easier, both will find 1 or 2 things the other wont, but Spybot S&D lists out lots of things that are of no consequence.  Furthermore, if the problem is viruses, then go download AVG's free AV program.

Okay, we have AdAware already...

Capslock, you're talking to me like I'm the one that thinks viruses come from here. That's not true. It's my grandfather, who knows absolutely nothing about forums, who thinks we get viruses from this site and the other forums I go to, and he's the one who made me get off, so don't blame me. He just can't comprehend the trust I have for you guys. Believe me, I was in tears for the longest time..

Back