What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans in a terrarium

G

Ok, I've been told that a CPU fan is a good way to increase air circulation in a terrarium.. my problem is, how do I attach it to my aquarium? Any ideas?

There are many ways you can attactch a CPU, especially ways that are prettier than duct tape!

First off, most new CPU fans come with self adhering tape and a heat sink grease packet pre-attatched to the lower surface... you can peel and stick.

You can hot glue the fan to the wall, or suction cups, hang it with wire, make a little glass ledge with silicone aquarium sealant as the glue....

any how... 2 cents...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WesTrap @ July 26 2002,5:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Duct tape it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'd ask Parasuco, he seems to be darn knowlageable. Or go to the Nep. forum, and look at CPU fan.
Westrap-No offense meant, just saying... Please dont take it offensively.

Unfortunately my heat sink didn't come with any method of attachment and somehow duct tape just didn't appeal to me
wink.gif

RamPuppy and lithopsman- Thank you for the ideas..

No problem Purple!

Glad I could help...

Did your fan come with an alluminum heat sink attached to it?

If so, just buy some double stick foam tape, and smack it right onto the glass wall of the tank.

If not, you might try putting the foam tape on the edge of the fans casing, so it pushes air along the back wall of the tank... does that make sense?

Yes, it does have an alluminum heat sink attached. I like the double stick foam tape idea best. Now if I could just find that post I saw about wiring these things....
tounge.gif

Back