What's new

Fabulous bog trip.

Wow! I discovered the greatest bog!
(well..I didnt "discover" it..someone told me where it was&#33
wink.gif

hundreds of wild Sarracenia and Drosera (one species of each)
absolutely beautifull!
biggrin.gif

check it out..

http://home.petflytrap.com/scottychaos/WildSarracenia.html

Scot

Are you sure that they're D. intermedia and not D. anglica? I'm not sure, probably someone else will know better.
Very nice pictures though, and it looks a great bog.

Giles

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I may be wrong about this, but If I remember right D.intermedia only grows in the eastern part of NY. D.anglica doesn't grow there at all. If I'm wrong about this I'm sure I'll be corrected.
Even though it shows properties of both Intermedia and rotundifolia, I think it's a D. rotundifolia. I guess we'll have to wait until we hear from the sundew expert Tamlin before we can be sure.

Drosera intermedia, rotundifolia, and filiformis are the only Sundews that have been found in New York.  Anglica is close, being just over the Canadian border in Ontario, but isn't found in New York.  Both rotundifolia and intermedia are definately found in Western New York, while filiformis is the one isolated to the far south eastern portion of the state (mainly on long island I believe). Based on the close up shot, the leaves are far too long and ends too narrow to be rotundifolia. The plants are also much more elevated (not sure if that's the right word) than the rotundifolia I've seen around western NY.