What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exotic fruit

• Thread starter Slurm
  • Start date
I live in a temperate climate, zone 7B, usual low 10 f, rare snow in the winter, frost November-early April(but still to warm in the summer for those #%@* highland neps). Durians wouldn't work here, although they may in a large greenhouse.

HAs anyone every had rootbeer plant? I tried some at the zoo. I would not recommend this to you ladies. The leaves taste like rootbeer. And it apparently commonly gives women bladder-infections but the botanist at the zoo did not know why. It was sort of like chewing mint leaves (some have spines you know).

I have always wanted to try a durian. But you never see them here.

I like passionfruit and lychees. Lychees are goood. Fresh figs are a favorite. I used to pick them fresh off my grandmother's fig bush when I was a kid. Gooooood. There are a lot of people who have never had a fresh fig.

I like trying new kinds of fruit. I've never heard of some of the ones mentioned here. I will have to look for them.

They will go well with your many and varied cookies! (bakies!)
laugh.gif

Can't go wrong with lychee. Lilikoi is pretty good if you don't mind seeds, and strawberry guavas are ono.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ May 26 2005,12:07)]Pihtaya (Dragon Fruit) juice is really good.  Didn't realize it was from a cactus until just recently.
Dragon fruit is from a cactus?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Which one?

*Thinking about a red ripe fruit with dragon skin hanging from a cactus in a hot dry desert*...hmmm. That might explain why it is so soft and juicy...
smile.gif

Back