What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever want to just reach out and strangle your teacher?

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
As many of you know I work nights. 7P to 7A. Well, I am not taking my final core class in prep for nursing school come August. Needless to say I despise my teacher, and that is strange because normally I am the teachers pet. :-))

In class we are supposed to turn in a pre-lab exercise on Tuesday prior to lab. Back on the week of MLK we did not have lab or class on Thurs, and for some reason I thought the only mandatory pre-lab was the first one dealing with lab safety. Needless to say I was WRONG.

So I work Monday Night and go straight to school so I can make sure I am in class on time, because parking is MURDER! Since class is not till 10 I have time to burn and was going over notes and other things. Keep in mind that I have been up ALL night and getting tired. I go to my car and close my eyes for 30 min prior to class. I go to class and spend the entire class period there. Then I go home. When I get home I need to water my GH. Many plants were bone dry and my water hose was frozen on Sunday so I could not water. After I water, take a shower, and finally get comfortable for bed it is 1:30. I get to sleep and have to get up at 5:30 to go back to work. Needless to say I am a Zombie all night.

Now it is Wed morning and I leave work early. I leave at 5:45 so I can get home take a shower and sleep for a couple hours. I get up at 9, get dressed and get to Lab by 10AM. When I get there today my teacher comes up to me and informs me I was the only one who did not makeup my pre-lab with an oral presentation and that I cannot attend lab today. I was pissed!!! I said so I left work early to get some sleep to be back here on time only to be told I cannot attend lab today? She then proceeds to tell me she has to enforce her rules and that she tried to contact me Via Campus email. I told her I don't check that email because it is useless. I have 5 or 6 other email accounts. Not to mention it is loaded with SPAM. Then I get the speal about its in the syllabus and the student handbook about the pre-labs and communication.

She agreed to give me the benefit of the doubt and let me make up the lab, but she was not going to let me stay there today. So I wasted the gas it takes me to get to school and back, and waking up after only sleeping two hours for NOTHING!! I understand her point that if I can slide on the rules then others can too, but here is my point. No one else knew I did not turn in a pre-lab but her. So the sliding of the rules would only have been known by me and her, but Now I have to take out even more time to appease this wench. She is still bending the rules and letting me makeup the lab and do the oral presentation of the pre-lab so I didn't understand the point. I was too pissed and tired to argue with her today.

Well, I can hardly think straight now so I am going to go to bed. I just needed to vent so I didn't explode.

Sorry dude :( At least she's bending the rules a little bit. If I was a teacher I'd be totally corrupt lol.

so you're not going to take your final core class because of this? I don't understand; are you quitting?

With that said, it's time for me to go to school lmao

That sucks, but at least she's giving you a little (too little) slack. The last school I was at allowed students to have their school email address automatically forward everything to another address. For those of us whose lives don't revolve around school, it was a lifesaver. I just started a course for a new degree a couple weeks ago and arrived at the first class to discover I was supposed to have already downloaded the syllabus and to have read three chapters of the book. I never expected it and wasn't even authorized for an account to do such things for a couple more days after that. It's settled down now and I'm back in term paper research mode.

No Clint I am not quiting. I have to have this done if I expect to get accepted into the nursing program that starts later this year. I am tired of being a tech and I am ready to make the money a nurse does and do the less work too. I will overcome this wench and still make my A or B.

Bruce. Yes I agree This place is good in most respects, but you have some teachers that are just A-holes or wenches. This is one of them. How is me knowing the total magnification and what heat fixation is going to compromise my safety in lab? I can see she wants to be safe in the class, but I have not exhibited any unsafe behavior in there and I have more experience around pathogens than anyone else in the class for crying out loud. I work as a surgical tech already! I have operated on aids patients, herpes patients, and all kinds of other typed of patients

I really think I am being singled out to be honest. I Will be watching and gathering notes. If I am I will definitely bring it to the dean. I have no reservations about doing that, and as long as I follow all the rules then she will get it and not me. The reason I think I am being singled out is, during the first week in class I tried to get on her good side. I joked with her in class, and show her that I am excited about the class. The thing was I was late the first week because of parking issues. Then I made a joke about I would be OK as soon as the losers drop out. Because it happens every time after the first 2 weeks of class parking gets a lot easier. Well, she made the comment "you might not be around that long" Then come to find out my lab partner also did not turn in her pre-lab and according to her did not do the oral presentation either. Yet the teacher says I was the only one who didn't do the oral presentation. So if I return to find out she did not get kicked out that is strike one on my teacher. I have no problem with her enforcing the rule, but to only enforce them on me is not acceptable. I will be getting more info on the other student who did not do the pre-lab either, I dunno if she was also not allowed to stay in class or not. I did not stick around.

Last edited:
Oh sweet jesus on a roof. I don't have the guts to operate on AIDS patients If I was a surgeon/tech. That's extremely honorable.

Well if you use universal precautions and do your job as you are intended to, then you have nothing to worry about. I am suposed to treat every patient as if they have AIDS or some other disease. Since we never really know and cannot ask if a patient has anything or not. Although it is communicated to us if they do know.

i had a teacher last semester where the whole grade in the class was based on 3 tests. The class was mixed (grad students and undergrads), and for the second test she told us that the avg. for the undergrads was 76, which was "exactly where i intended it to be when i made the test". Some people need a kick in the pants

Well cheif. I don;t need a kick inthe pants. I already know alot of the skills needed for the class. I just need the class. The thing is you don;t need to be a biatch to get the class motivated. Be a good teacher. My Bio 2 teacher was great and I still talk to her when I see her and just brought her some new plants. She was AWESOME. She got firm when people were not calling her DR. Wear, but that is understandable. She wasn;t a witch about it and the class was great.

Oh man, If I was a DR. of anything I wouldn't make people call me that. Jeez.

oh...i meant my teacher needed a kick in the pants for purposely making the test the way she did...

Back