What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

...even more pitcher pictures

Here are my sarracenia photos from this weekend. I'm pretty lousy at identifying them... They all came from pft, so I think that they're pretty standard. I just love having them
smile.gif

holden-5b738b78bffe0665455a0b8ce63a126c78c09a01.jpg

holden-709139eb0aad287696f27bc29621dd657c269309.jpg

holden-792477b3f9dea7817705b473cde1bb5fba57ff4e.jpg

holden-f553ff36b28a143213353da3372a2a779b1a97e9.jpg
holden-76c18ddc7826620a4dc93b4570eaee6091c4151b.jpg

First pic is of S. catsbaei
2nd I think is S. "Judith Hindle" on the left and some more catsbaei on the right
3rd looks like S. leucophylla "Red" AKA S. leucophylla x willisii
4th is S. leucophylla 'Tarnok' 'though the flowers are the only way to tell it from a regular S. leucophylla.

Nice looking collection. Wish mine looked that nice. Maybe next year!
biggrin.gif

alien.gif

Nice pics. I hope mine look that good next summer.

Wes

Thanks, that sounds about right. I kinda guessed at them myself without worrying too much about pinning them down. They all came from the first bulb sale earlier this year so I had to wait til now to see what came up. I planted several different plants in each pot... I like em that way.

I also got a bunch of plants in the recent grab bag sale. I already see that they're sending out pitchers. Holy cow... I have 12 pots each with at least two plants in them! Next year is going to be CRAZY!

Hey,
You have a really nice collection going there! I pmmed you,
Kevin

Thanks Kevin,
I have all the simple ordinary plants, but they're so amazing! I suppose next year I'll have to start adding some hard to find hybrids.
...although with all of mine planted together in groups they might just take care of that all on their own.

Do you all think that plants this size will put out flowers in the spring?

Holden

Hey,
Simple can be great! I think a few could send up some flowers next year. You'll have to find out though! That S. xCatesbai is just to cool! How tall is that one pitcher in the second photo? It looks just like mine!
Kevin

The one in the second photo is probably just under 6".
The taller ones in that pot, the tarnok, are about a foot high.

and I agree, simple is G R E A T !

In the third pic down, is that all the same plant? The pitcher on the far left look's like the leuco 'red' (aka Dana's Delight), while the ones on the right look like 'Judith Hindle'.

Yes, they are all the same plant. Well, the really tall ones whose pitcher tips go off the page are different from the short red ones. I grow my sarracenia by putting lots of different kinds in the same pot. Like I said, I'm not very good at identifying them... esp when they came as a big group as bare root plants and I had to wait to see what came up. I would have to guess that they are Judith Hindle. I don't think pft sells Dana's Delight.
smile.gif

Back