What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even more pics!

Hi! I loved reading the other pic posts today, so I thought I'd fire up the ol' camera.

First up, my N. x Holland, which is growing robustly and working on it's third pitcher under my gardnership (on far left):
N.%20x%20Holland.JPG

And here's the latest from the N. albomaringata.
N.%20albomaringata%203.JPG

Here's the rarely seen N. x Weignerii, which for trivia buffs is ((thorelii x maxima) x (rafflesiana x hirsuta)) or otherwise (x 'Balmy' Koto x x Intermedia)
N.%20x%20Weignerii.JPG

And finally, three pitchers. Two are Judith Finn's, and the other is N. maxima x albomaringata, which I've learned is what some think is N. x Curtisii, though some think the latter is a pure form of N. maxima.
N.%20x%20October%203%20pitchers.JPG

Capslock

Very pretty. How long have you had the N.albomarginata?

I am envious.
biggrin.gif
pm me where you got the N. albomaringata

Hey trashcan, I've had the albo for about five months now. It lives in a 50-gal acquarium with four 20-watt fluorescent tubes lighting it. I have a few other neps and some drosera in there, too. It's unheated, and maintains about 70-85% humidity on it's own. The temp range is about 67 degrees at night up to 82 or so during the day. It is growing really quickly, and puts out a pitcher a month.

Capslock

Spec, I'll pm you now.

Those are some beautiful plants, Caps.
smile.gif
I love the albomarginata...gorgeous. Now I want one. lol

Thanks for sharing those...great pics!

Suzanne

Lovely plants, capslock, I agree with Suzanne about that albomarginata!

Could I ask what parentage the N. x Holland has? I've never seen or heard of it before.

Colin

I've never seen pitchers with that coloration before, not to mention the white racing stripes. What sort of albomarginata is that?

Can you PM me the albomarginata info, too? Thanks. Very nice.

Ah, wonderful! You're the one with that blue/black N. albomarginata! I knew someone showed one off here a while back. I know your story on how you got it and man I must say, you're one lucky devil! I've held off buying an N. albo because that's the only color form for me!

Thanks for the info, Max. I must say i'll be very surprised if there isn't some N. alata 'highland spotted' in the x Holland. It's a spitting image of my plant in both pitcher, leaf, and habit... at least to my inexperienced eye. The pitchers may be a bit less elongated and the peristome less rakish, but that's about it.

WOW! That N. albomaringata is awsome! That dusky gray coloration is so cool. What is the name of that color form (if it even has one)?

Thanks folks! The N. x Holland is a hybrid of unknown parentage, although I wouldn't be surpised if D. is right about there being some alata "highland spotted" in there. And thanks Tony for the heads-up on what my albo is. It was simply labeled "spotted", but it's clearly the purlple/black.

Capslock

Back