What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erie cps next trip

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
We are in the process of planning our next bog trip. The date or the site has not been confirmied yet. It will probably be within the next three weeks. The bog will probably be either Triangle lake, Jackson Twp, Brown's Bog, or a combination of the three bogs. If you would like to attend, PM me or Nick. Post on here which days you can go. If you have a cp site that I haven't mentioned and you think it'll be a good site for us to visit let us know. As soon as the site and date is set it will be posted here.

Everybody is welcome to join us.

We are looking at a one day trip to visit two bogs here in Ohio over memorial day weekend. Bogs we plan to visit are Brown's Lake Bog and Jackson Bog. We hope to see Sarracenia purpurea in bloom.

As of 5-13-2004 S. purpurea at Brown's bog is about to bloom. Flower buds are visible and I was able to see several that are ready to open. One plant even has 4 flower buds on it. I have been checking the bog for the past two weekends for flower timing.
S_purpurea_4flowers2.jpg

Yup, looks like flower soon.

Well, looks like its just you and me Ozzy.

I'm sure Death66 will go. He's just slow sometimes. You have to allow a little more time for him to respond. You know how "special" people are.

Know of any bogs near western NY? We could get that far...
tounge.gif

I don't know of any but we'll have to do some research. I think that will be within our reach.

Anyone else interested?

We will actually be at Westfield on Lake Erie the weekend of June 18th.  
smile.gif

Schloaty & Scottychaos are over thata 'way somewhere...  
biggrin.gif

Back