What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ephippiata by night

Here are a few flash pictures of N. ephippiata. I nevere seem to make time to make images in the datime, although the resulta are much better.

6c949898.jpg

b90feb02.jpg

70c93e79.jpg

And a couple of "funny faces":
608eef87.jpg

2789c809.jpg

Cheers!

Excellent! How old is the N. ephippiata to be making the intermediate / uppers?

Excellent! How old is the N. ephippiata to be making the intermediate / uppers?
Thanks. I've had it almost five years, but it was at least 8 inches across. It's perhaps 30" across now, and that's the first true upper pitcher.

Thank you for sharing with us! Do you use pure live moss as a growing medium or is it only a top dressing?

I absolutely love ephippiata. However, the uppers kind of turn me off to the whole species. I'm in love with the pristine, striped, tight looking lowers of it. I've got plenty to look forward to, considering mine is only about 2". :lol:

30" across?!?! DANG! That upper pitcher is AAAWESOME!

I love the last picture, like the look of that curved/teethed peristome.

Cheers,
Frank

Ohhhh, very nice!!!! :drool:

Wow, what a LARGE pitcher lid! And funny faces is true :lol:

Holy... Those teeth look like they could chop your hand off!:0o:

Without a doubt ephippiata is one of the single best species, imo. Both the lowers and uppers are top-notch. Thanks for posting the pics. It's going to be a long, long time til mine gets there..

Spectacular plants. wow!! Do u grow them in a greenhouse or a tank? Amazing!! That epippiata is insane.

Back