What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

end of an era

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

"If you can hear this whispering you are dying."

"I never said I was frightened of dying."

darkside.jpg

Pink Floyd member Richard Wright dead at age 65

:down:
Av

Here here. The end of an era indeed. Echoes on the album Meddle is probably one of my favorite songs of all time, which I believe that Wright had a big hand in writing. A sad day indeed.

xvart.

Never a huge Pink Floyd fan myself, I do appreciate their music. It seems all the good ones are leaving us.

"And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon"

Crystal

That's too bad. I haven't paid attention to Pink Floyd for many years and didn't know he had been ill. Even though he was considered a second tier member of the band, they wouldn't have been the same without him. I still like to hear Astronomy Domine now and then. Floating down the sound resounds around the icy waters underground.

My old roommate was a big fan of Floyd. I can usually tell ya if the band playing on the radio is them but I couldn't name any songs off the top of my head (ok, "Money!" that's one). My main memories of them were the lightshows at the Planetarium downtown Minneapolis (closed now).
Picture two punks with mohawks sitting motionless & unblinking like this: :0o: :0o:

Of course that's how most of the other people in the room looked as well! :)

Time to dig out some albums.. :(

My husband is a big fan and was sad when he heard the news. :( He had cancer, right?

yes, I think so....

it's making me feel old... I can remember buying the Dark Side of the Moon album and the 8 track when it first came out, the freebee posters that came with the album hung on my bedroom wall throughout the 1970's

geeze "8 tracks", it took a match book and a little spit to keep em playing

someone pass me the party jar of geritol

Rock on Richard
Av

Back