What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergency!

G

ARGH!!! I'm going to be moving to my dad's condo REALLY soon, because of complications with my mother. I know he doesn't have enough window space for all of my Nepenthes, and other carnivorous plants. Plus, I don't think he has room for a greenhouse. WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?! HELP! HELP!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
wow.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
THIS SUCKS
sad.gif
sad.gif

How about a terrarium? Maybe some metal halide lights? Or if you're really desperate you could sell the plants to someone or maybe store them in a friends greenhouse.
confused.gif

G,
I was able to find tanks that people were throwing away...Patrol your streets for garage sales and stuff getting tossed. Got a 75 gallon, a 20 and a 10 gallon that way.

Since I live fairly close to you if there's anyway I can help just let me know
smile.gif

I agree that a terrarium is a good idea. Sometimes pet stores have used ones for sale cheap because someone returned them. I grow all my CP's in terrariums. I have to keep my Neps in a couple 40 gallons with heaters and lights because my room gets below 40F in the winter.

Demi, best thing to do is working it out w/ your mom. sometimes you just have to bite your lip.

It was her idea. She seems pretty set on it. What size terrarium would you sugdest for my tall nepenthes. I know my giant rafflesiana wont fit, and soon my truncata will be too large.

Demi, you could always build one to fit the needs of the plant. the size would be bigger than your plants to fit in. that or just keep them in your room and get a light for them during the day.

If I move to my dad's, I wont even have a room( but my brother will
mad.gif
). It seems the only choice I have is to persuade my mother to take some other course of action. Getting off the thoght of plants, do any of you think your lives kinda suck?

Oh...erm, is your name Nathaniel or Demi?
confused.gif
(confused! )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do any of you think your lives kinda suck?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Sure, sometimes, but things usually get better eventually. (though I suppose if things didn't get better, my funeral would have been long ago)

BTW about the terrarium, Mike Wilder wrote about in CPN a Nepenthes cultivation method that I use successfully. It's kind of late right now (or shall I say early?) so I will try to outline it for you later. Or maybe someone could scan it? Wait, is that illegal?............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

does your dad have any strong shelves on his wall? you could try to build an enclosure under the shelves and then hang your lighting under the shelves, the more shelves he has on the wall, the more enclosures you can build, heheheheheh!

My name is Nathaniel, and no, I don't think it is illegal to scan that article.

Back