What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Election results

Give it a rest, Finch. The republicans will gloat and be unbearable, the democrats will wail and cry. Standard operating procedure. The republicans believe a liar, and the democrats don't have anyone worth voting for. Which leaves one who votes his/her conscience, not much choice in the matter. So support Bush, and move on. All the arguing and crying will not make a difference, we move on to whatever future, and the people WILL be attacked again by our enemies. Bush cannot keep us "safe" any more than Kerry could, so move on. And when we are attacked again, all those willing to give up their liberty for safety, will wonder if it is worth it. I do indeed wish we had 3 to 5 parties though so all the power was never in one parties hands. Dangerous situation with all power held by one party. Ask any communist.
Patch: Caution?? My round rear end! First step to subjugation.

lol im really not all that upset, just a bit dissapointed. im really over it... oh well. Your Right.

California OK-s stem cell reserch so theres no loss there. I wonder, bugweed; are thare any potentiol 08 candidates the you would favor?

No. I will vote libertarian or green party next time. I wish to show my displeasure to our goverment, and send them a message that even the power base in this country can still be changed. Since the pubs and the demo's have driven our country into the ground, it is apparent that someone else is needed, and even a different party. Out with the old, and in with the new. if we don't stand up now and voice our discontent, we will be in bigger trouble than just Bin Laden.

Montana OK's medical marijuana and almost fully supports the rights of hunters and fishermen............YAY! im kinda mad at some of the in-state ppl who it doesnt look like will win.....bye bye affordable health insurance......i thought we were on the right track on thatn too.............

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Nov. 03 2004,7:52)]The worst part is bush's enviormantal record appeals to westerners.
I live about as far west as you can get in the lower-48. The Bush environmental record (or lack thereof), certainly does not appeal to me. Perhaps you are referring to those "easterners" that live between the Rockies and the Cascades/Sierra.

cnn still hasn't said who won. there is still a tiny sliver of hope.
and Wesley, what's wrong w/ being a liberal?
If supporting gay marriage, stem cell research, the environment, and being pro choice is liberal then I'm proud to be liberal.

Kerry conceded, its over. I will not argue this out, but I voted Bush. I agree with Bugweed in that there was not clear, good choice. It took me a long time to decide. I am not alone. It shows in the extremely high turnout and the close race. We have no clear choice, but I believe (only my opinion, I will not argue) that Bush was the better of the two evils. I did not go by environmental policies (which I am very unhappy about) nor war alone, but tried to take in the whole. I hope next time there is better to choose from. Sad thing is that both parties will still believe that we are satisfied. They will go on slamming each other instead of telling us HOW they would get things done and instead of trying to work together to make a better country. Let us get along now and support our country and people. We are all different that's what makes us strong.

Copper, i do believe you said it as best can be said................im still going to gripe about instate politcs though
smile_n_32.gif
also i can say our governor race here in Montana is as bad as the presidential one. neither one is worth a hoot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Nov. 03 2004,10:45)]No. I will vote libertarian or green party next time.
I am having a total voter hangover this morning that I just didn't vote with my heart. I thought Kerry had maybe a slim chance to eke it out, which is why I voted for him, but never again!!

Bush's record on environmental issues is a travesty. I will support him as he is in office again. I do see a few redeeming qualities in the man which I do not feel comfortable discussing lest cyber bricks be tossed at my Terra Froums user name. I am going to have to seriously consider voting with the green party or the liberatarian party next time in '08 as I tend to agree with Bugweed.  

sanity and logic prevails in America.
I feel much better for the future.

Scot

But if you look closely at libertarian and green candidates and took in the issues they stand for, would you be satisfied? Or would you vote for them out of discontent for the other parties? I would be willing to vote for them, tell me what they would do in office and how they would make things better.  Or if you found that out, would you still be unhappy? If this is so then you would likely be destined to be discontent with every person that runs for office ever. Hav you really ever really, actually aproved of an candidates policies, any candidate at all? If not, then u likely never will and live in the political plane of 'i hate how thingss are run' but dont have a real, concrete plan on how to fix it. Voting for something because its NOT something you dont like never leads to a victory. Hasnt in the past and hasnt now (as kerry clearly demonstrated today.) Candidates may act like tey do because its necesarry to have a realistic chance of winning.

Sacc.. if you truy will vote for whoever will win, weather ot not its something that you agree with at all isnt right. And now i have contridicted myself because If you vote for whoever wont win, then you have to vote for whoever will win. And so i will revoke my previous statement. Vote for whoever you agree with. And its very unlikely that you will ever agree with any candidate on every issue. If you will only vote for a candidate that agrees with you on every thingle thing, you might as well not vote at all because there isnt going to be one. And if u dont vote, dont complain on who gets elected.

The only way to get all sides to stop these bad tactics and self-serving ways is to take away the advantige it will bring. If only one side used these tactics and one didnt, and those tactics conveyed a distoinct advantage, its 'adapt or political death' to the other side. We need to take away that advantage with both sides. But how?

aww i finnaly say something profound and no one says anything?

Most Profound, excuse us.
smile_m_32.gif

Finch, still digesting your statment. Pretty much sums it up, I think.

I, however, am a libertarian...I think. You're very much right that no one candidate will be in complete agreement with my political philosphy, but libertarian is about as close as you can get...That I've found so far, anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think there is some good out of Bush being reelected.
Sarracenia, you are absolutely right. I thought your statement over and realised Bush being president for the next few years means more work for punk bands, Michael Moore, and other such liberals.
I'm also looking forward to seeing how many people actually move out of the U.S.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Nov. 03 2004,2:30)]But if you look closely at libertarian and green candidates and took in the issues they stand for, would you be satisfied? Or would you vote for them out of discontent for the other parties? I would be willing to vote for them, tell me what they would do in office and how they would make things better.  Or if you found that out, would you still be unhappy? If this is so then you would likely be destined to be discontent with every person that runs for office ever. Hav you really ever really, actually aproved of an candidates policies, any candidate at all? If not, then u likely never will and live in the political plane of 'i hate how thingss are run' but dont have a real, concrete plan on how to fix it. Voting for something because its NOT something you dont like never leads to a victory. Hasnt in the past and hasnt now (as kerry clearly demonstrated today.) Candidates may act like tey do because its necesarry to have a realistic chance of winning.

Sacc.. if you truy will vote for whoever will win, weather ot not its something that you agree with at all isnt right. And now i have contridicted myself because If you vote for whoever wont win, then you have to vote for whoever will win. And so i will revoke my previous statement. Vote for whoever you agree with. And its very unlikely that you will ever agree with any candidate on every issue. If you will only vote for a candidate that agrees with you on every thingle thing, you might as well not vote at all because there isnt going to be one. And if u dont vote, dont complain on who gets elected.

The only way to get all sides to stop these bad tactics and self-serving ways is to take away the advantige it will bring. If only one side used these tactics and one didnt, and those tactics conveyed a distoinct advantage, its 'adapt or political death' to the other side. We need to take away that advantage with both sides. But how?
I voted Libertarian because I identify with 90% of there beliefs they are the best party to represent me. Granted they have no chance of winning but I just could not live with my self for voting for either Kerry or Bush seeing as I think both are crooks that do not represent me. As for the libertarian party I agree about the following. Guns are our right and protect far or people then they hurt. Drugs should be legalized and handled like Alcohol/Tobacco because state run businesses producing drugs would put drug cartels/gangs out of business, provide a lot of new taxes, help reduce the over crowding in prisons so violent criminals stay in there instead of being released early for non violent drug offenders. Also the War on Drugs has been lost imo so its just a huge waste of money. Also I believe people should have the responsibility to do whatever they want with their bodies. I also agree on their enviromental protection policies. They want to sell federal preserve lands to places like the Nature Conservancy, people who actually want to aand know how to take care of the land. They also want to reduce all thr necessary crap functions of the government that just take away our rights and cost us more money.

the thing that worries me is that every candidate from now on will want to follow bush's example by being religious and against science.

Back