What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EBAY is stupid

• Thread starter CN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    risk

CN

BANNED
I started up a new ebay account with my forum name ,so that people would know who they were getting the plant's from . Well little did i know they put a hold on all money's sent for 20 days , probelm is i was counting on that to ship these plants .
So now i risk My Good Name due to late shipping . real Cute . If i had Known this i would have just used my old account .
So if there is anyone here that won something i will ship on Wed, Oct , 21st when my Unempolyment check arrives .

I am such a dumb A$$

sorry for the rant

Daren

It's bummer but the policies are clearly stated on eBay. Obviously they've been burned in the past. It might seem stupid but is probably "smart" business:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/pending.html

Why is my payment being held?

Most PayPal payments are processed immediately. However, if you're a new seller, if you're selling an item in a fraud risk category, or if you've received some low Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs), your payment may be held until we are confident that the buyer received the item.

Here are some reasons we might hold your payment:

• If you've been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and haven't sold very much on eBay yet
  • If you've a Feedback score of less than 100, and don't have a record of good performance
  • If you've a buyer dissatisfaction percentage* of 5% or greater
  • If your average detailed seller rating (DSR) is less than 4.5
  • If you've received fewer than 20 detailed seller ratings in the last 12 months
  • If your item is in a high-risk category, such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers, or consumer electronics
  • If there's an open dispute or claim on the transaction
  • If the payment is being held in reserve

*Buyer dissatisfaction percentage is measured by calculating negative events as a percentage of your transactions. Negative events include negative and neutral Feedback, Detailed seller ratings of 2 or lower, and disputes for items not received or significantly not as described.

No i agree totally i just didnt see it when i set this account up . So it was an is my fault for not reading , which i hate doing . But it was also to let some of the folks here Know that are getting things from me that i screwed up an have to wait now one hold did get lifted because they left there feedback so thats gonna help .

daren

Send messages to the buyer to let them know what's going on and, if you can, sweeten the deal with an extra cutting or something. It's been several years since I sold anything on eBay, but open communication seems to smooth any rough edges in a transaction.

Back