What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earth Day 2010

• Thread starter Veronis
  • Start date
Happy 40th Earth Day everyone :)

main_earthday_0320.jpg

Yup, not 15 years ago I was having my head caved in by Minneapolis' finest abuse officers for displaying the audacity to peacefully march in an earth day demonstration. Why it seems only yesterday that I was being strangled, pummeled, maced, called a "commie fag junkie" and given threats of much worse treatment... Such misty water color memories! :D

Yup, not 15 years ago I was having my head caved in by Minneapolis' finest abuse officers for displaying the audacity to peacefully march in an earth day demonstration. Why it seems only yesterday that I was being strangled, pummeled, maced, called a "commie fag junkie" and given threats of much worse treatment... Such misty water color memories! :D

wow!
when and where was this?
im trying to look up the story, but cant find anything about it..

Scot

Same to you veronis! and sorry to hear that swords!

It's a good day :)

For what it's worth....
Happy Earth-day Everyone!

[Swords:] Ah, that will teach you to not realize what country you are in!
Now go back to work, pay your taxes, follow the leader, and be a good little citizen!
And above all, stop thinking for yourself!
:nono:

Hey, before I take your side....I should find out... what were you demonstrating for?

what were you demonstrating for?
Northern States Power was going to place already leaky casks of radioactive waste (according to local TV news) on the Prairie Island Indian reservation near the headwaters of the Mississippi river, some of us didn't think that was a great idea, so we had a march down a non-driveable street (Nicolett Ave is foot traffic, bikes and buses only) ending in front of NSP's HQ on Nicollet and 4th Ave. We were leaving NSP, essentially our march was "done" and we were getting set to leave, it had been a low key affair with just a couple environmental and indian speakers, maybe 100-150 people and an overwhelming police presence. The cops were apparently bored and rushed us just as we were breaking up and I was the lucky one they got hold of. It was crap day from then on for sure! lol

They had some ridiculous list of charges, "inciting a riot", "anarchist ringleader" and "illegal protest organizer" and a number of others that I can't even recall , some big activities for a 16 year old! But magically after a visit with the police review board and a taped deposition and photos taken by their people not one charge was ever filed.

Scotty I think it was in 1992 or 1993, so I guess it was more than 15 years ago. Someone claiming to be from the Minneapolis Star & Tribune called me and interviewed me about it but never sent me a copy of the article. The person from the paper claimed they saw it and got pictures of it in action but I've never seen them.

Back