What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early x-mas suprise

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
I got to messen' with my plants the other day and was re-arranging them when I discovered this on the 'window side' of the plant.  This is the oldest plant I have.  My mom & I think it's close to 60 years old.  She thinks her mom got it when they moved to Buenie from the town of Climax.  She was in first grade and that puts this lady (the plant) at 57 years old.  I've had it since my grandmother died.  It never bloomed for her.

14742468-1128-020001DF-.jpg

How many 'Old Timers' are out there? Post a pic of it if you can.

i got 3 christmas cactus here at home now. my grandmother on my dads side of the family had them growing in here back porch next door. they always bloomed for her. 2 of them is really good but the other one doesn't know how to behave. no they are one my back porch due to her passing away 1 1/2 yrs ago. i will see if i can get a picture of it this year when it blooms.

If anyone has a plant that's been in the family (or is considered a member of the family) or that they have had for a long time feel free to talk about it and post a pic if you can.

My aunt has like. Ten million of the same Geranium clone. At one point I plan to contnue propagating it.... Its pretty. Nothing special, but its kinda neat how she hasnt bought a gernanium since like... wolrd war two. Hahaha...

I feel lucky if mine live at all. I'm learning though.

In a store in Seattle, they had a 59 year old jade plant, it was like 6 feet tall
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
and a stem as thick as a big flashlight, those big black ones the cops carry , well I have a 20 year old bonsai that was givin to me, ive had it for about three years now, i wish i could post a picture....but i have no idea how, ive tried every thing!!!!!!!!!!
sad.gif
sad.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
Kevin
wow.gif
wow.gif
smile.gif

Kevin,

Take care of that bonsai and you can pass it on to your great, great, great grandchildren. I have heard that they can live for a longggg time. That jade plant sounds impresive too.

I'll PM my e-mail address so you can e-mail your pic to me and I'll post your pic for you.

BCK,
My brother took the digi with him, but #### be back later today and ill send you the pic, take care and happy holidays,
Kevin

sarracenialuver's bonsai

14958628-0bd1-028001E0-.jpg

Thanks for the post BCk, not much, I took it about an hour ago, they guy said it was 17 years old, and i've had it for 3, you can see the paper cups in the background, I keep it in the kitchen in this cool little resivior and its done great!!
biggrin.gif
Kevin

Hey sarracenialuver,

Yes, I too once saw an ancient, gigantic jade plant at a garden center. Wonder how old it was exactly...

ok like i promissed when the x-mas cactus came in bloom i would post a picture so here it is. it started to bloom last week some time.
Evmp0134.jpg

Back