What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dwarf sisyrinchium aka "devon skies"

disco

aqua teen hunger force assemble!!
I just got my 5 Dwarf Sisyrinchium in the mail today and I wanna plant them tomorrow.
Anybody here know anything about Dwarf Sisyrinchium? care tips ect.? I want them to bloom because they produce really pretty flowers and look kinda like grass but is a member of the iris family. pics to come soon hopefully!

I think we've got some kind of sissycranium growing in our yard lol. It's in clay.

lol

Sisyrinchium like quite a well drained substrate. If I grow them in my flower beds in heavy clay they will seed into the gravel path and die out of the flower bed, so they certaily seem to chosse a well drained site given the choice. Lots of sun too.

i am planning on planting them in a southern direction in a flower bed thats uphill from a creek so drainage should be good its going to be in there with some odd little plants we found at lowes yesterday the flowers are odd anyway pretty tho. when i get all of it planted and flowering i will take pics and post :D

Back