What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dry as a desert...

Last week I got pretty busy and accidentally let my S.Purpurea go dry...
sad.gif
All of the pitchers are now dry (crusty and brittle) even after I've tried misting them twice a day. The good news is that it's still growing.

My question is... should I cut off the rest of the pitchers since they're all dried?

I would suggest cutting off the dead material. I do this with my pitcher plants. Help to discourage fungal attacks and rot.

Yes, They are of no use now and will only be in the way of the new pitchers and be ugly. I have done this too and I submerged my entire plant in water to rehydrate it. It help on some of it but not all. Sorry that happed. It's angering and discouraging.

I don't know if it's because of the height or what, but it's very dry in my apartment. I couldn't sleep a night this winter without having a humidifier on beside me. Luckily my VFT's in the same terrarium were able to handle the brief dry periods.

Back