What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum seed pod

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Drosophyllum lusitanicum seed pod.

dewyseedpod.jpg

fabulous picture , steve
Thanx for sharing
Lois

Nice pic! Are those your only ones? Lookin Good!

nice. how many seed come from each pod?
Alex

Farmer Dave,
There is over 10 pods that are maturing on the plant.

glider14,
I do not know yet. None are ready to collect seed from.

Great pic! Now take that darn copyright stamp off of it and you'll have something!

Capslock

Awesome picture! Very cool plants! (in general, can we see full pics of yours?) 10 pods huh? WOW!!
oh.gif

Capslock,
Sorry, all my pics will have a copyright symbol on them. Ever since someone was using my pictures without permission to sell plants on ebay. Since I also place plants on ebay from time to time I did not want some else using them as well.

adnedarn,
Here is a picture from this summer.

dewypine.jpg

Here is a picture of the plant now.
The leaves are much shorter, and it looks like the plant may branch, several times maybe. Hopefully the short leaves does not mean it's about to kick the bucket. I've read many people have the plant die on them after 2 years. This plant is almost 2 and a half years old now.
I also noticed looking at the plant before snapping the pics is that another flower stalk is coming up.
smile.gif

dewypineseedpods-1.jpg

That is very very very cool! I've tried twice to grow them from seed (2 seeds each try) and didn't have luck. Wonder if it'd be better now that I have a g/h and not growing inside with stagnate temps... Also- that pot is the same pot I used to grow my D. ordensis in! haha
Thanks for the pictures, and congrats on the "another one" flower!!! Should I start sending my trade offers now? Or wait?
rock.gif
oh.gif
LOL
biggrin.gif

looks like it catches plenty of bugs!
Oo.gif
ooo.gif

Back