What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera

• Thread starter Bobo0312
  • Start date
Hi and thanks for approving my request to join.
Newbie to Carnivores plants. Starting off with sundews. My DC’s (bought two) are acclimating well to Southern California. Two days after they arrived they started to produce dew. Very beautiful and interesting plants.
I am embarrassed to say that I killed a few flytraps as a kid.
Thanks again
George

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1435.jpeg
    IMG_1435.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 4
:welcome: I killed many flytraps. Well, I thought they were dead, turns out they were probably going dormant. Learned that after joining this forum. hah!

:welcome: I killed many flytraps. Well, I thought they were dead, turns out they were probably going dormant. Learned that after joining this forum. hah!
Yes exactly …. Just didn’t know at that time. I know better now.

Hi and thanks for approving my request to join.
Newbie to Carnivores plants. Starting off with sundews. My DC’s (bought two) are acclimating well to Southern California. Two days after they arrived they started to produce dew. Very beautiful and interesting plants.
I am embarrassed to say that I killed a few flytraps as a kid.
Thanks again
George
I would encourage you to propagate them as soon as you can. All it takes is a fraction of a leaf, and it's incredibly fun. That way, you'll also have a backup if disaster strikes.

I would encourage you to propagate them as soon as you can. All it takes is a fraction of a leaf, and it's incredibly fun. That way, you'll also have a backup if disaster strikes.
Thanks! I will give that a try.

Back