What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera spatulata

I bought a Drosera spatulata from pft, but it doesn't look like other pictures I see. Could it be too young or a different ssp. or maybe a hybrid. Help?
confused.gif

the picture on pft seems to have long thin petioles and intermediate sized traps. you probably have large, and wider petioles, and larger dew areas... thats what a mature spathulata is 'sposed to look like
smile.gif
what color are the flowers? if white, it is of the fraiser island ssp, and if pink, the spathulata ssp.

someone correct me if I am wrong...
-Spec

mine looks like the one on pft. but when i look on the icps they look totoally different. Why is that? Mine also doesn't have just one rossette. It kinda looks like a bunch of different spatulatas

D. spatulata is widely variable, but is generally put into 2 forms: Kanto and Kansai. The Kansai forms have longer thinner petioles, the Kanto has shorter and wider petioles.

White flowers are typical for the NZ forms.

You likely have the Kansai pink flower form.

Back