What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera spatulata, Division?

• Thread starter dbarron
  • Start date
I got this plant last year from **, I believe it was a small clump then, with maybe 5 heads.
Now, it probably has 30 or more, it seems to be hundreds when I look at it ;)
Now, if it were yours would you divide it up or just pot it up into something a bit bigger?

I don't necessarily need 30 individual pots of this..but maybe a few 1 1/2 inch pots?
Assuming I do divide it up, anyone want some cute little weeds?
IMG_20191120_084050176_Detailed-small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually tokaiensis, not spatulata (said nursery still hasn't changed their labels for that one). As prolific as it is, I would maybe repot a few into a larger container, and throw away the excess (nearly everyone will have it, so they're almost not worth anything to sell etc.).
Also, per rules of the forum here, should avoid posting names of in-US nurseries.

It's actually tokaiensis, not spatulata (said nursery still hasn't changed their labels for that one). As prolific as it is, I would maybe repot a few into a larger container, and throw away the excess (nearly everyone will have it, so they're almost not worth anything to sell etc.).
Also, per rules of the forum here, should avoid posting names of in-US nurseries.
That's an odd rule, I am not saying anything bad about the nursery (at all), nor implying it.
Though it's nice that you were able to use that information to give me more information about the plant. Thank you.

I'll read the rules, that was one I didn't expect. Ok, I think the part you were referring to was 'positive advertising'. I don't believe I did that..I simply provided a source that I ordered it from.

Last edited:
I promise you hcarlton would have given a proper ID even without knowing where you got it. He just named the same sundew in another post: https://www.terraforums.com/forums/...-drosera-burmanii-sessifolia.html#post1219393 You would definitely get better looking plants if you divided them out a bit.

He is referring to the end of the advertising rule (3a) that says "Advertising would include talking about or giving URLS to other CP sellers."

Back