What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera slackii!

Yay! I just got my D.slackii in the mail! It was and X-mas gift from my grandma! Yay! Its awesome! Does anyone else here grow this species? I am going to try to make cuttings so that I could haves some to trade. Anyone else get any new plants?

smile_n_32.gif

Congratz. Any baby pictures?
I'm getting an armload of new plants when I go back home for the holiday - a little Xmas gift to myself. I'm getting a couple as gifts but, well... they're more for me. I'm sure we all know a little about that. :)
~Joe

D. slackii is one of my favourite rosetted dews. I've been growing one since this fall, and I've learned to give it LOTS, and I mean LOTS of light. Like, a 42W compact fluorescent and reflector sitting 3" above it
biggrin.gif
Have fun! It's a beautiful species!

I take it she gave you $$ for X-mas?
That would be an astute person to actually go out and track that down as a gift, lol.
Amori, you grow yours in LFS? For a peat-growing plant in Nature, I found it did not like peat/sand, but then again the silica I get around here is so fine.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe
I grow mine in a mixture of peat and perlite (though I hate the stuff) and it's doing great so far, and also have a ton of seedlings from the seeds that fell out of the dried flowers when I bought it.

Back