What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera photos

Thanks to Pinguiculaman Some large file high resolution photos of some Drosera species are available at:

http://206.103.248.175/tamlin_post/large_pics/

Available for your viewing pleasure are Drosera falconeri, D. darwiniensis, D. nidiformis (red form), and D. graminifolia.

Click the photos for the big pictures.

Thanks Joseph for helping me share these.

Hi Tim,

The Drosera falconeri photo was taken last summer when the plant was in active growth.  After the winter freeze it reverted to a dormant bud, which is again just emerging from dormancy.  Try giving your plant even bottom warmth.

The same holds true for the D. darwiniensis, it is now dormant as well.

I have been unable to reproduce the plants, and sadly will not have these plants to offer.  I am hoping that they return for me, but even this is not certain.  I am very new to the cultivation of the petiolaris droserae and am feeling my way with them.

As to the names, they will appear in the browser window when you click the photos.

Thanks, I put the tupperware container over my heater, which is still on till the end of this month or there abouts.

Back