What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera petiolaris group--June pics!

Beautifully done, as always Peter.

I enjoy these photos almost as much as seeing most of these plants in person.

BTW: I meant to ask you where you got the snazzy domed tray you had them in but got distracted by the million other things going on.

-Warren

It's a great domed tray isn't it? Very hard to find as these are imported from England.
You can get it for about $10 from Charley's Greenhouse Supply.

I also use it for my ping propagation and for general high humidity use.

Peter.

Very nice pictures! I saw pictures of the tank you grow them in, what temp range and humidity level do you keep them at? Do you use Peat:Sand mix? Thanks

The tank is covered, so the humidity is probably up there in the 80% plus range. The temps hit about 105 degrees in the day, and about 70 at night. In the winter i use a heating cable so i don't think it goes below 70 at any time.
My potting mixture is about 2/3 peat and 1/3 sand. I keep them above the water and water by hand about every 2-3 days.
Peter.

The tank is covered, so the humidity is probably up there in the 80% plus range. The temps hit about 105 degrees in the day, and about 70 at night. In the winter i use a heating cable so i don't think it goes below 70 at any time.
My potting mixture is about 2/3 peat and 1/3 sand. I keep them above the water and water by hand about every 2-3 days.
Peter.

Oooooooooooo. Nice plants

*major drool*

Ooh... they look like little insectivorous sea enemonee's... and I mean that in the best way possible lol

very cool pics!

Back