What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera natalensis ?

Hi,

I got the following plant labeled as Drosera burkeana. I'm quite sure, this one is not D. burkeana. I rather think, it could be a form of Drosera natalensis or something similar. Here are some pictures. The flower pictures were taken by Rico Hiemann. What do you think ?

DROS12_001_08082004tn.jpg

higher resolution

DROS12_004_08082004tn.jpg

higher resolution

DROS12_006_08082004tn.jpg

higher resolution

DROS12_007_08082004tn.jpg

higher resolution

DROS12_008_08082004tn.jpg

higher resolution

dros12atn.jpg

higher resolution

dros12btn.jpg

higher resolution

dros12ctn.jpg

higher resolution

regards,
Christian

It is a very interesting plant Christian, In many respects it reminds me of D. burkeana, but the hairy petioles and underside of the leaves suggests some other species involvement as well. The flower reminds me a little of both D. dielsiana and also the burkeana hybrid with D. madagascariensis called D. collinsiae. I suppose this is another we will never really define: the list of such plants is long! In my mind, this is probably a complex hybrid with D. burkeana (supported by the tetrete petiole and lamina shape).

Is D. collinsiae officially the hybrid of those two? It is fertile, right?

Cheers,

Joe

Back