What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera linearis in canada

I am planning on visiting populations of D. linearis in Canada on the tip of Bruce Peninsula of Ontario, between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. About 6.5 hours from the Canadian border. I plan on visiting the Tobermory and Singing Sands natural area.

I hope to make a sensitive seed and plant collection for botanist friends involved in valid research, as I have had a few requests for this material from various parts of the world.

Since this is a 9 hour trip to reach it for me, it is important that I reach the populations while the plants are in flower and fruit.

If anyone from Canada can tell me the best time to visit, I would be deeply appreciative.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi Tamlin,

I was away from the forums for a while due to moving, new job..... and so on.

So I just noticed your post, I was wondering if you ever found out your information? and did you ever have your trip?

Andre

I did not make the trip. I managed today to secure a sample of seed wild collected in Michigan, and plan on sending this to Robert Gibson for the seed testa study. I looked a long time for this seed, funny it should arrive on the same day as your inquiry! I do hope to make the trip to visit the Canadaian populations next season, so the information requested here is still of interest to me.

Now that Robert is covering the seed testa investigations I would like to turn my attention to a stipule study, and I will need a plant for that. I will try some seed in the spring, but I hear this is a difficult subject.

Nice to see you Andre. How is the OCPS faring?

Back