What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera lanata

Here is another member of the Petiolaris Complex: Drosera lanata from the Northern Territories of Australia. The fuzzy quality of the petioles helps the plant survive in the extremely hot climate by catching morning mist. The moisture beads up on the hairs, and eventually drips toward the plants center where it falls to the substrate.

Like most of the petiolaris species, this plant is self sterile although it forms ready hybrids with other species within the complex.

Drosera_lanata_NT_112103_1.sized.jpg

Drosera_lanata_122803_8.sized.jpg

Here's a shot of mine taken yesterday. A bit smaller and woollier than yours Tamlin. You wouldn't want yours to get any bigger would you?

Drosera%20lanata%20291203.JPG

Sean.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Here is a photograph of my Drosera lanata, taken this morning:

d_lanata_A_sml.jpg
</span>

Amazing plants. I will have a wooly sundew someday!

SF

Great pictures guys!

Cole

Beautiful plants and photos!  I just made that third photo of Tamlin's my desktop.  
smile.gif

ONE day I will have a plant of the petiolaris complex.  Its too bad they are so hard to find and expensive to buy.  Hopefully with the sharing ethic spreading and propagation techniques improving, in the future they will become as commonplace and easily obtained as D. adelae is now.  Some day you might find a D. lanata at your local garden center.  
smile.gif
 Well...maybe thats many years away but ya never know.  Hope springs eternal.  
smile.gif

I don't have those species
sad.gif

hope to have one in the future
smile.gif

Back