What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera ID problem!!! Help!!

Hi, I have been growing this plant for some years as D.planchonii but now I notice that species is not valid and is a synonym for D.macrantha.

D.planchonii1-PMann.jpg

Anybody here can help ID this plant??

Thanks,

Sebastian
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

Recommend you PM Tamlin Dawnstar for pygmy ID. He'is pretty good. One thing is for sure, It is Not Drosera macranthra.

Looks like a D. Pulchella.  As Bugweed guaranteed, it is not D. Macrantha as that plant is a climbing tuberous Drosera.

The wide petiole is suggestive of D. pulchella, but macro shots can be deceiving: any chance of a flower photo? Whatever species it is (and I am pretty sure it is D. pulchella) it is a pygmy sundew.

You are correct, the former D.planchonii is now regarded as a subspecies of D. macrantha, although not a synonym. It is a valid subspecies, but this is a climbing tuberous species.

Tamlin,

I´ll have to wait until the plants bloom to take pics of the flowers. By now i will take a pic of my D.pulchella plants to compare. I see my pulchella has wider petioles.

The flower would tell the tale: if there are red club shaped styles this would be D. nitidula x D. pulchella.

Back