What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera id assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy,

I am in the midst of the winter cleanup of my plants and decided this year to attempt to get all my unknowns identified. So here is a picture of my first Unknown, any help is greatly appreciated.

unknown_drosera.jpg

Cheers

Looks like Drosera spatulata.  Could we see the flowers for further help?

I will post a pic of the flower when the latest opens, but I grow multiple varities of D. spatulata and none have the same pattern of stacking their leaves or leaves with such wide bases.

Cheers,

Looks very South African to me which means it might be a hybrid (just a guess) possibly natalensis x dielsiana? I think every grower has about 3 South African mutts in their collections! Hopefully Santa will bring you a nice digicam this season, and you will be able to show some flower details which will help to ID things more closely.

Tamlin,

Thanks I believe you are on the right track, I got the plant in with a shipment of S. African species. It is currently putting up a scape so I will try to get some decent pics of the flowers to make it a bit easier.

Cheers,

Looks kinda like my Drosera natalensis, but mine is alot less green. Where did you get it?

Zach,

A gentleman never tells - but I am sure you know him.

Cheers

Also, putting a scale in the picture (or at least something that shows the relative size) is always helpful for identification.

-BobZ-

Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back